Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The vegan pizza story

Step 1: Crust

I took the easy way out and bought a spelt crust. I'm sure it is very easy to make your own spelt crust, and I will definitely try that next time.
Step 2: Add your sauce

I used Ryan's homemade tomato sauce from yesterday.

Step 3: Add your cashew cheese 

(recipe to follow)
Step 4: Add your veggies

I added sweet red pepper, asparagus, spinach, and red onion.

Step 5: Bake and Enjoy!

Baked at 350 for 15 minutes.


Cashew Cheese:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 1 hour)
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 teaspoon rice bran oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh squeeze lemon juice

Directions:

Put all ingredients into food processor and mix together! Scrape the sides occasionally. Enjoy! It won't be perfectly smooth, it should have some texture to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment