Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pumpkin and Date Granola

And this granola doesn't have a load of oil like most granola's out there!


Pumpkin Date Granola:

Ingredients:
  •  2 cups organic oats
  • 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon flax seeds
  • 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (or other type of nut)
  • 4 tablespoons pumpkin 
  • 2 tablespoons agave
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut 
  • 10 dates, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons raisins
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions:
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry. Make sure everything is evenly coated. Bake at 250 for roughly 50 minutes. Make sure to shake it about halfway so everything gets cooked evenly. Hemp, chia and flax start to lose their great healthful properties when they're heated over 300, so becareful!

Dry ingredients + pumpkin! Yummm! A nice way to get some veggies in your cereal!



This recipe makes a lightly sweetened granola. If you'd like it sweeter just add more sweetness ( ex. agave, honey, brown rice syrup, sucanat, maple syrup).


So tired from that spin class today! I really pushed myself. I'm thinking a speedy 5 or 10 km tomorrow. We'll see.
But I am excited for my dinner date with my friend Katie at Fresh tomorrow! Yum FRESH! I'm already planning what I want to have; and I figure that if I stop eating tonight, i'll have enough room to fit it all in my stomach by dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment