Friday, September 3, 2010

Edamame and Chickpea Salad

I could eat this salad all day!

I was so excited for Fresh today that I completely forgot that I had to eat sometime before it! My plan of not eating until Fresh didn't really pan out. Lately i've been feeling like im never full, just constantly hungry.

Edamame and Chickpea Salad:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup cooked and shelled edamame (if frozen put in boiling water for 3-5 minutes)
  • 1/2 cup cooked peas
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 large carrot, grated
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 4 radishes, cut thinly
  • Easy balsamic dressing ( 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons balsamic, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
Mix it all up and enjoy! It's best if you let it sit in the fridge for a while. The grated carrot soaks up alot of the dressing! :)



I couldn't help myself, I had two Chocolate protein energy bombs!

Now, i'm off to Canadian Tire to buy some Tupperware. No matter how much I buy of it, it always goes missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment