Sunday, September 12, 2010

Butternut squash soup and a very very large salad.

I actually made this salad so big that I couldn't finish it all.

The salad was romaine, and spinach! with pine nuts, hemp seeds, radishes, red onion, carrot, celery, cucumber,sweet pepper, and easy balsamic dressing (from earlier post). The salad was crunchy and scrumptious, just how I like it! I finished half of it and then came back to the other half an hour later.



The soup was very easy to make.

Butternut squash soup:

Ingredients:

  • 1 large butternut squash ( peel, cut, and de-seed it)
  • 1 large vidalia onion
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 tablespoons rice bran oil (or any other oil)
  • 3 cups water
  • 3 cups homemade veg stock
  • 1-2 tablespoons sea salt
  • 1-2 tablespoons ground pepper (salt and pepper to taste)
Directions:
Saute the onions and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent. Add in the veg stock, and squash. Add water as you need it. Bring to a boil and then cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes. Puree and season! Enjoy!

I did a really hard core yoga class this morning and I'm regretting choosing today for the first day of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. The soup look awesome, and the salad also !! good job little monster !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm!!! I need to try that butternut squash soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete