Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homemade Almond Milk!!!..and Cauliflower Curry

This dish was quite spicy! After mincing the green chilies I touched my face, and my face and hands have been burning since 6:00 ! I served this dish over brown rice and it was very delicious!

Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes:

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 hot green chilies, minced (take seeds out, and wear gloves? hehe)
  • 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
  • 5 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 3/4 head of cauliflower, diced
  • 4 red skinned potatoes, diced
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon coriander
  • 2 teaspoons turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
Directions:
Saute the chilies and cumin seeds in oil. Wait until the seeds start to pop and then add in the cauliflower, potatoes and tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients. Add 1/4 cup of water at the start. As the ingredients start to stick on the bottom, add more of the water. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables reach desired tenderness! Enjoy!

I also made my own almond milk! I had a little bit of trouble doing it because I used a food processor : you definitely need a blender for this job. But the effort was worth it, i've never tasted anything so crisp and good!

My vanilla and date flavoured almond milk!
Ran into a bit of trouble. Water was leaking everywhere, while almond milk was shooting out at me. Nothing that some paper towel can't fix!
The strained material from the milk. I'll probably use this in my oats.
So proud! If it looks like I was sweating in the kitchen it's because I was! I had so much going on at once! :)
I also made myself some almond butter and chocolate soft serve!
I did a 45 minute " yoga for buns" workout from yogadownload.com, and I worked on my biceps and shoulders today. I've been reading alot about these "21's" for biceps and I decided to give it a try. You do regular bicep curls, but you do 7 reps of the bottom half of the curl, 7 reps of the top half of the curl and then 7 reps of the whole bicep curl. You repeat this 4 times! It really really works your arms!

I can't wait to put some of my almond milk in my oats tomorrow morning!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous!! Everything look so delicious, i can't wait to go visit you again! You could open your own Restaurant!! You are a Fresh of breath air, thank-you Marianne Love MOM

    ReplyDelete