Friday, September 3, 2010

Fresh!

My post on Fresh is going to be partly ruined because I was so excited to eat everything that I only remembered when I was half finished my meal that I had to take a picture!

I started off with their avocado smoothie!
I added mango chunks to it! I sub-consciously have to have mango every single day!
Very rich, tasty and smooth! I guess that's why it's called a smooth-y
Then, my friend Katie and I shared the indian spiced pancakes filled with chickpea curry. They were the best thing I've ever tasted at Fresh.
Sorry for the half-eaten food pictures
Next up! I had the spicy tomato soup with black beans and chickpeas. I lovvve soup. I could eat soup for every meal. But this soup wasn't very good. It felt like spicy tomato juice with some beans tossed in. And it had a lot of cilantro in it, and I hate cilantro. I think that all meals that have cilantro in it should display that in the description; a lot of people don't like cilantro. I don't know if its some urban legend; but certain people have an enzyme in their mouth that makes cilantro taste like soap to them.

The soup came with amazing vegan cornbread (which I have to find the recipe to), and a mixed green salad which was extremely small, and hardly had any dressing on it.

Overall, my experience with Fresh was a 3/10. You usually can't expect much from there though, the service is always below par and the food is stuff you can make at home. But the company at Fresh was a 10/10!
I used to go to Fresh all of the time before I knew how to cook, and I thought it was the greatest place in the world. But now that I've learned it only takes 5 minutes to whip up a really great salad or wrap, Fresh just seems like a waste.

On another note, I went to Canadian Tire and found some Tupperware. A 46 piece set for 9.99! How could you go wrong. I also bought some glass ones because I love glass containers and they don't leach chemicals into your food!

I didn't realize that I would have to wash all 46 pieces!
And who needs 8 micro sized containers? I can fit 2 grapes per container max!

Something special is on the menu for tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out! And since the weather lightened up I might head out for that run after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment