Friday, September 24, 2010

Vegan Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hate it when things don't go according to my daily plans! I rode to the Direct Energy Center today to pick up my race kit and found out the most disturbing news--> The race is on Sunday (like most races), and not on Saturday like I thought it was. I thought it was weird that the race was on Saturday, and I also thought it was weird that the road closures were for Sunday; no idea why it took me so long to clue in. Thankfully someone mentioned something or I would have showed up for 6 am tomorrow and been extremely confused. Not only does this throw me off completely with my rest-run-day schedule, but now Ryan can't come, and I will have no one cheering for me, or anyone to hold my keys or sweater. :(

I really don't know how I got the dates wrong, I'm going with their website being misleading. So after this upset my daily balance of things, I felt like my whole day was ruined. I am a very plan-oriented kind of person, and after having my plans upset, I just sat around the house in a daze, like something really terrible had happened. I finally snapped out of it when the dogs were whining to go outside. I took them outside, felt the fresh air and then was  75% back to my normal self! I figured this was nothing that some good ol' fashion baking, and cleaning couldn't fix. I cleaned all the floors, went through crap loads of bills and papers ( Ryan is a hoarder, i'm scared he's going to turn out like those creepy people in the show "Hoarders", he keeps absolutely everything. But he's also very, very un-observant, so once in a while I throw out everything, and he doesn't even notice. SCORE!). That's probably the only upside of being un-observant. Anyhow, getting the house cleaned up, and filled with the fresh smell of baking cookies made me feel loads better! Now I just have to get in some yoga, and a 30 day shred and i'll be 100%.






Vegan Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Adapted from "Eat, Drink, Be Vegan"


My mom loooooves the white chocolate macadamia cookies from Subway, and I think these could easily be mistaken for them. I will give her a blind tasting when she visits.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons spelt flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder (I didn't have this, so I added 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar)
  • 2 tablespoons succanat
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/3 cup macadamia butter (I used sunflower seed butter)
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons agave
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
  • 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
  • 4 tablespoons white chocolate chips (I looked everywhere for these and only came upon them at the Veg fair, so if you don't have them, dark chocolate chips will work just as well!)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or with silicone sheet thing. In one bowl mix the flour, powder, soda, sugar, and salt. In another bowl mix the nut butter, maple syrup, agave, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet to dry and then add in the nuts and chocolate chips. Stir just until its combined, you don't want to overdo it. Make into cookie shapes on sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and put onto cooling rack!
Enjoy! But don't eat the whole recipe like I did before and then get sick!!! I promise not to be gluttonous today!

Note: Since white chocolate chips are just sugar, I wouldn't add the agave. They turned out very very sweet. And I like sweets, so if I say they're too sweet--> then they're too sweet.

Fresh out of the oven!


So soft and squishy in the middle,  with a nice crunchy outer layer!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look amazing!!! wish i could be there to cheer you up for your race,i will be thinking about you and cheering for you in Windsor!!!!!,Love Mom !!!!

    ReplyDelete