Saturday, September 4, 2010

Three mile run and 20 min power yoga!

I did not want to run at all this morning, especially when it was so cold out. But I did it. I put on my running clothes and I couldn't back down after that. It was a decent run. I wanted to get under 26 minutes, but I don't know if I was just tired or the wind was to blame, but I came in at 27:05. I didn't have my heart rate monitor on but I would be interested to see if I was working as hard as I felt I did.

I did a little stretch when I came home, then did the 20 minute power yoga #2 off of yogadownload.com. It was a pretty hard 20 minutes. I think i'm going to sign up for their monthly program!

Breakfast was my homemade granola with rice milk (let it sit overnight in the fridge) with chia seeds, raspberries and, unsweetened coconut.

I know, the chia seeds look like bugs; but they really add a lot to a dish!
Last night I made some great popcorn seasoning!

I recommend making the popcorn on the stovetop, it really does make the best tasting popcorn.

Spicy Popcorn Seasonings:

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayene
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground chili flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
When the popcorn is still hot and in a large mixing bowl, drizzle the olive oil all over it. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well! Enjoy!

It is quite spicy, so if you want to reduce the heat just cut the cayene and chili flakes in half!

I'm off to work! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment