Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm not a barbie

Since adopting my new lifestyle my tastes have changed enormously. I no longer crave sweets, and bitting into an organic strawberry is enough for my taste buds. Now I crave salty foods like seaweed and pesto. Different, but much better for my waistline. It's amazing how desensitized your tastebuds become when eating a standard american diet. Once all the crap is cut out you can taste all the amazingness in natural food! No more "food like substances", I'm not a barbie--> I need real food.

Along with my new lifestyle I am trying to get rid of all negative things and people in my life. I am trying to create a nurturing and positive environment for myself, because life is much too short for anything less than that. If I meet with someone or do something and don't feel amazing or inspired after doing it or meeting that person, it's not worth life's precious time. But more on that stuff later, that could be 23892842 paragraphs long.

Caesar Dressing: adapted from choosingraw.com




1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 to 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 tbsp dulse
1-2 garlic cloves
3/4 cup water
2 pitted dates
2 celery stalks
1/2 tsp salt

Blend all ingredients and enjoy. For ingredients that are given in ranges, use the lower range then add more to your own tastes.



Today's eats:

Breakfast: 1 organic orange + 1 organic egg
Snack: 2 oatmeal energy balls (recipe still to come)
Lunch: Zuchetti pasta with homemade alfredo type sauce with bell pepper
Snack: Sesame seaweed x 2 + coconut water
Dinner: Caesar salad (as per above) with romaine and spinach
Post workout: Superfood smoothie with sunwarrior protein


No comments:

Post a Comment