Saturday, May 5, 2012

Berry Cobbler + Before Pics

As promised, and to hold myself accountable to the blogosphere, here are my before pictures!

I tend to carry fat around my middle and upper back. So throughout the coming months I will lose it there first. I have big legs and I love it, that's why I can squat more than most men. It will be interesting to see the changes!

Now for the berry cobbler! Its RAW, delicious, and husband-approved!

Raw Berry Cobbler ( adapted from Ani's cookbook recipe)

Crust:
1 cup dry almonds
1 cup dry pumpkin seeds
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup dates
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 vanilla bean

Berry syrup:
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup dates
1/4-1/2 cup water

Toppings:
2 cups sliced organic strawberries

For the crust, blend all ingredients except dates in food processor. Then slowly mix in dates (that are chopped) with your hands. For the syrup, blend all ingredients and thin out as necessary. Add the topping and syrup to the crust and enjoy!

The crust
Finished product and oh so delicious!
XOXOX
Mare

No comments:

Post a Comment