Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fresh and easy dinner

Dinner for my father-in-law, Husband and I:

Mixed green salad with a basil vinaigrette:



Dressing (bad manicure not included)

1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup packed FRESH basil
2 tbsp agave
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt

Process all ingredients and enjoy the amazing taste and smell. I wanted to drink this. Though I do have a weird sort of love affair going on with basil, Husband is kind of jealous.




In this salad was a blend of organic baby spinach and field greens, yellow pepper, tomatoes, hemp seeds, pine nuts, asian pear, thinly sliced cucumber and AMAZING basil vinaigrette.


Dessert was from Ani's Raw, and it was a mango cobbler. Soooo effing good. Pardon the language, but you have to make it. If I could find a way to eat the cobbler with the basil vinaigrette at the same time, I would, and I would be in heaven.



Mango Cobbler:

Crust:
1.5 cups pecans
1/2 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup dates, pitted

Syrup:
3/4 cup dates
1/2 vanilla bean
3 tbsp coconut oil
2/3 cup water (or as needed)

Mix syrup with about 2-3 diced RIPE mangoes, let it sit. Make your crust in a food processor, and use half on the bottom of a baking dish. Squish it down and then top with your syrupy mango goodness. Add the second half of your crust on top loosely and enjoy!


This is what the crust should look like.


Finished product. I realize that this looks like ground beef, and that its not aesthetically very pleasing. But its fantastic, so I recommend you look past the picture and make it yourself! You wont regret it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment