Vegan Chili With A Kick:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole tomatoes, toss the juice in and slice the tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup of sliced mushroom
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2-3 cups veg stock
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne (I like it hot)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients into crockpot and enjoy! I did it on high for 4 hours.
While my mom was up I made her some breakfast for her and I after my workout. She never, ever, eats breakfast, so I'm trying to get her into some healthy habits.
Today at the gym I worked on my legs, calves and abs. I didn't do any cardio today because yesterday I did a 60 minute (10 km) treadmill run with some HIIT thrown in there. It felt great, but I'm pretty tired today. My leg workout went around a pyramid scheme today: 1 set of lighter weights at 15 reps, 1 set at heavier weights at 10 reps, 1 set at your heaviest weight for 6 reps, then the second one again, and then the first set of weights again but to failure.
- Plie squat ( 90 lbs (15) 120 lbs (10) 160 lbs (8) 120 lbs (10) 90 lbs (25))
- Hamstring curl NORMAL SET 70 lbs (12,12,12)
- Leg Press ( 90 lbs (15) 140 lbs (10) 190 lbs (8) 140 lbs (10) 90 lbs (30))
- Leg extension NORMAL SET 75 lbs (12,12,12)
- Barbell walking lunges (30 lbs (12) 40 lbs (10) 50 lbs (8) 40 lbs (10) 30 lbs (20)) each leg
- Cable hip extension NORMAL SET 15 lbs (12,12,15) each leg
Lot's to do today so I'll talk later! Hope everyone has a great and safe Holiday!