Monday, December 6, 2010

Rest day

I was supposed to have my rest day tomorrow, but once the alarm went off at 6 am I decided to have it today. I've been really drained lately, as I mentioned in yesterdays post, and I know that my body really needed the rest today. If I don't feel fully refreshed tomorrow, then I'll take another rest day.

I went to bed so excited to have breakfast! Out of all the day's meals, breakfast is my favourite.


Breakfast was a toasted Ezekiel english muffin, sunflower seed butter, sliced banana, and handful of raspberries. I also had 2 clementines, but forgot to put it on the plate. Gotta love the vintage Winnie The Pooh plate :)

I went to bed last night with hamstrings so tight that it was hard to move in bed, and woke up with even tighter hamstrings (I didn't think it was even possible). I don't quite know why I have such tight hamstrings, but I figured a little bit of yoga would help. I don't consider yoga as "excercise", so it's fine to do it on my rest days. To me, yoga is more meditation/stretching/relaxation. I did a 60 minute hip opening flow from yogadownload.com and it was awesome. I finally got to Savasana and it would have been glorious, except that's when Ryan started making a whole lotta noise in the kitchen. So unfortunately, Savasana wasn't so sweet.

Now it's time for some grocery shopping, a bit of cooking, and then off to work!

Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment