Monday, December 27, 2010

Spaghetti how to

Ryan ended up getting Subway for dinner last night (he's obsessed), so I was the only one doing the breakfast-for-dinner idea. I did two slices of Ezekiel toast with hummus, scrambled egg whites, tempeh bacon, and some leftover veggie salad from last night. It hit the spot.






I liked the spaghetti squash from the other night so much that I made it again today for dinner. Below is a "how-to" for spaghetti squash, seeing as how I had to search for 20 minutes on the internet on how to cook a spaghetti squash.

Step 1: Cut the ends off your squash, and then cut down the middle. Also, preheat the oven to 350.



I did a hack job. Don't cut it as badly as I did.



Step 2: Scrape out the insides with a spoon or fork and make sure your dogs don't eat the pieces that fell out of the garbage.

Step 3: Fill your baking sheet up with about 1 cm of water

Step 4: Place your gutted squash face down into the water.


Step 5: Bake for about 45 minutes. Let it cool enough so you can handle it, and then scrape the insides out with a fork into spaghetti strands :)




Step 6: Top with your favourite toppings ( butter and salt, tomato sauce, etc).



Delicious! Now I am off to work again! :)

1 comment:

  1. I do miss that breakfast ,it was awsome , and the sqash spagetti look so yummy , look really cool the way it's prepared !! love you !! Mom xx

    ReplyDelete