Friday, December 3, 2010

The biggest apple in the world

Biggest Ontario apple I've ever seen.


This apple is bigger than both my dogs' heads. I can't wait to bite into it. Kind of scared though, it makes me wonder what kind of genetic modifiers it was injected with  to have made it so large.

I made a very delicious peanut/yam/coconut/soup/stew. It was awesome. I had two huge bowls, and was so excited to eat it that I burnt my mouth and just kept on eating.

The recipe is from the Edible Perspective .

Peanuty Coconut Stew:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 yam or sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1.5 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
  • 2 tsp sucanat
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1 can whole tomatoes, add the juice too
  • 1/2 can coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 2 cups vegetable stock
  • 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup red lentils (washed and rinsed)
  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • dash cayenne
  • 1 tsp sea salt
Directions: This recipe is made for a crock pot. Since I didn't have one I just put all of the ingredients into a covered pot, brought it to a boil, and then simmered it for 2.5-3 hours. I also didn't add the quinoa in till' the last 30 minutes. It cooks quite quickly. This dish wasn't very spicy so if you want it to be, you can add some chili flakes, or some more hot curry powder. Though the curry powder would alter the taste.




Watching Dirty Harry and The Enforcer! Love Clint Eastwood. Going to bed early because I have to wake up early for some cardio, back and biceps.

Have a great night.

1 comment:

  1. This is the biggest apple i saw , you could make an apple pie just with one apple !!! and the stew look tasty !! love Mom xx

    ReplyDelete