Sunday, December 5, 2010

No cereal for me

I did not end up just raiding the cereal box! Granted, Shredded Wheat is amazing, especially when paired with agave, banana, and raspberries. But I ended up making some veggie/lentil/bean burrito combo. Two thumbs up for protein/veggie/fiber combos!



This was extremely easy to make (minus the grocery store trip for the ingredients), very tasty, and very high in protein!

Veggie/Lentil/Black Bean Burrito:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can green lentils, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup frozen green peas
  • 1 cup frozen corn (I try to find non-gmo)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp chipotle liquid (the stuff from the can)
  • 1 tbsp cayenne
  • fresh ground black pepper, to taste
  • 5 tbsp hummus
Directions:
Saute all ingredients in a little bit of oil. Add the hummus when the ingredients are cooked to desired tenderness and mix around. Serve in a wrap/tortilla. I use Ezekiel corn tortillas, they're very good.

Now I'm off to read some of more my book from the Neanderthal Parallax, some abs and then bedtime. I have a lot of gym work to do tomorrow!

Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment