Thursday, October 7, 2010

Will do anything for cobbler!

This tasted so amazing! Though it was more "cakey" then "cobblerish" it was still great!
Plum Cobbler:

Recipe from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe plums, pitted and halved
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp soy yogurt (I used vanilla soygurt)
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup agave
  • 1 cup spelt flour
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 +1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease your pan and layer the pan with your sliced plums. Put about one tbsp of agave on them. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, water, lemon, agave, and vanilla and mix well! In another bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients. Combine wet to dry and mix well. Pour this batter over the fruit, and pound the bubbles out of your mixture by slamming (lightly) your pan against the counter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, and let cool. I didn't wait, I ate it right away, ehhe.

I found that this wasn't very cobblerish, it was more like a cinnamon cake on top of warm fruit. But I still found it delicious.

Plums in the pan! All oiled up in agave.
Fresh out of the oven. 1/2 of this will be in my stomach in a few minutes!


Next up! I made a pasta with an Alfredo-type sauce. And there was no cream or butter, but cauliflower instead!

Fettuccine With Cauliflower Sauce:


Recipe adapted from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen:

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 head cauliflower, chopped
  • 3 cups of water
  • 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
Directions:
Place all of these ingredients into a sauce pan, except for the nutritional yeast. Cook, covered until the cauliflower is very very soft (15-20 minutes). Use a hand blender to puree the contents into a smooth sauce. Add in the nutritional yeast and more salt if desired. Let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few minutes. Add to brown rice pasta with a bit of sauteed veggies! Delicious!

I was hungry today while grocery shopping, so I stopped at this little hole in the wall place and got some of their vegan veggie soup to go. It was to die for! So delicious. It had lentils in it, and had a bit of heat to it too.

I wish I could ask them for their recipe.

I haven't gotten around to any running today, too busy cooking. But i'm brainstorming a way to get one in right now, even though it's ten at night.

See you in the AM!


I just checked this post before posting, and took out all of the exclamation marks. Now it doesn't seem like a 2 year old wrote it anymore. I really have to work on my punctuation.

2 comments:

  1. It look really good ,i like cobbler , and the pasta look good but! why is the cauliflower look like broccoli!!hope you had a good run , love Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cauliflower was the sauce. I just added some broccoli for some extra vegetables!

    ReplyDelete