Vegan Mac & Cheese:
From The 30 Minute Vegan
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp spelt flour, or any other flour
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard (hard to find, but found it at the health food store)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and heat. You don't have to boil it. Keep whisking it. The longer you heat it, the more it thickens up. Pour on top of cooked noodles (I used brown rice noodles) and bake in a casserole dish at 350, for 10 minutes with your breadcrumbs on top!
I tried this great raw granola bar today! I was too hungry to wait till' I got home to take a picture of it, but here's the wrapper!
Now i'm off to bring the puppers for separate walks, so that they still have alone time with me, and then i'll get back to reading my book! Yippeee!
I might make some granola tonight too.