Sunday, October 10, 2010

White chocolate wonderful


Peanut Butter & Co. very accurately named their product! I saw this on the shelves and I had to buy it. Even if it were $50 I would have bought it! I don't know what to eat it with, so I've just been eating it with a spoon, ehehe. I was thinking that it would make great cookies. I will have to try that Tuesday, after all of tomorrows Thanksgiving baking is over.

I am so sore today after the hot yoga, shoulder, and abdominal workout yesterday. I can hardly bend over. So I didn't do any excercise today, just worked a very short brunch shift, and rode around the city for some errands. I will run tomorrow, either a 5k, or a track workout, and then maybe some biceps.

Breakfast this morning:

Rolled oats with almond milk, strawberries, almond butter, chia & flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and agave.
I always like to make things for my co-workers on holidays; like, last Christmas I made everyone chocolate coated almonds. So today I made vegan ginger cookies! I hope everyone enjoys them, I know I did. They were sooooo chewy and marvelous!!

I wrapped these up in some decorative paper with a cute little ribbon!

These were attached to the cookies too!
Vegan Ginger Cookies:

From Angelas "Wedded Bliss Soft Ginger Cookies"

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter
  • 1/2 cup white cane sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup (I didn't have any, so I used agave)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Flax or chia egg ( 1tbsp chia or flax powder + 4tbsp almond milk)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2.5 cups AP flour
Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flax or chia egg in small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar until combined. Now add the molasses, maple syrup, flax/chia egg, and vanilla and mix well. In a medium sized bowl sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, sea salt, optional cloves(I used nutmeg) ). Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until smooth. With slightly wet hands, shape the dough into 1-1.5 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Carefully flatten ball slightly with hand and sprinkle with turbinado sugar or succanat. Bake for 10-12 minutes, no longer! If your cookies are smaller balls, bake for no more than 10 minutes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy thanksgiving day !!! and good luck on your cooking!!Love you !!!!MOM !!

    ReplyDelete