Distance: 9.0 km
I was famished when I came home, so I had two pieces of rye toast with hummus and salsa. This is my favourite easy snack ever!
Came home all sweaty, ate a plum, some organic grapes, cleaned up the house, and then showered. My fav friend Katie came over and we worked on the menu for Monday's vegan extravaganza. It's going to be a very busy day of cooking.
Then I made a very easy lentil, quinoa, brown rice and veggie casserole. Unfortunately I don't own a casserole pan, but I used a glass baking dish and it worked fine.
Inspire by OhSheGlows Lentil Rice Casserole
- 3.5 cups veg broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper (or green, I just don't like the taste of green ones)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp herbes de provence
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Put all ingredients into dish and bake covered for 1.5-2 hours at 300! Enjoy!!!!
|I used red lentils, but feel free to use green!|
|All warm and yummy out of the oven|
|This recipe is a keeper. Very easy to make, with lots of flavour!|
See you tomorrow!