Friday, October 8, 2010

Lentil, Quinoa, Rice,Casserole

I had a great run today! It felt like I was being tested; everything was going wrong, but I didn't stop running. I lost my running sunglasses, so I slipped on a pair of stylish ones before the run. They kept sliding off while running so I tossed them ( oops). I also had no music, my Garmin wouldn't find a satellite and only connected to one 2 km into my run,  my shirt kept riding up, along with my shorts, and so my legs were chaffing. It became quite painful, but I would either have to walk home with the pain which would take longer, or grow a pair and run home. So I ran.

Distance: 9.0 km
Time: 50:35
Calories: 538

I was famished when I came home, so I had two pieces of rye toast with hummus and salsa. This is my favourite easy snack ever!

At two oclock I had to meet my trainer and we had a really tough workout. He attached a rope to my waist which was attached to a 45 pound weight. I had to sprint with it, do crab walks, do rows, bicep curls, plank walks, you name it ! All with the weight! He said that I am his only female client who can do that with so much weight! Booya!

Came home all sweaty, ate a plum, some organic grapes, cleaned up the house, and then showered. My fav friend Katie came over and we worked on the menu for Monday's vegan extravaganza. It's going to be a very busy day of cooking.

Then I made a very easy lentil, quinoa, brown rice and veggie casserole. Unfortunately I don't own a casserole pan, but I used a glass baking dish and it worked fine.

Easy Lentil, Brown Rice, Quinoa Casserole:

Inspire by OhSheGlows Lentil Rice Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 3.5 cups veg broth
  • 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (rinsed and drained)
  • 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
  • 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
  • 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper (or green, I just don't like the taste of green ones)
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp herbes de provence
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Directions:

Put all ingredients into dish and bake covered for 1.5-2 hours at 300! Enjoy!!!!

I used red lentils, but feel free to use green!
Pre-baking
All warm and yummy out of the oven
This recipe is a keeper. Very easy to make, with lots of flavour!
I am extremely tired from all of today's working out, so I'm excited to cuddle with my fur faces and read my book. I'm currently reading Wideacre, by Philippa Gregory; it's a great book--> all of her books are great!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You don't give up!!! awesome, you are my idol !! I'm glad you had your friend Katie over!!and your casserole dish look so good and healthy, keep up the good work my little health monster !!!!! Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete