Sunday, October 24, 2010

101 POST!

I am so sore today from yesterdays workout. I did a track workout in the morning, and then a tough HIIT workout (high intensity interval training).

The track workout consisted of:

  • 1 x 1 mile in 7:57
  • 2 x 800 m in 3:55, and 4:00
  • 3 x 400 m in 1:58, 1:50, and 1:50
  • 4 x 200 m in 0:48, 0:49, 0:48, 0:46
  • 5 x 100 m in 0:23, 0:24, 0:23, 0:22, 0:22
I'm not much of a speedy runner, so I was quite proud with my results. My legs felt horrible after the mile, so I think that's why my 800's were slower than the previous weeks.

I found a swim club in Toronto, so I'm going to give it a try today. I haven't swam in a few years, but i'm hoping the stroke technique, breathing, and flip turns come back to me. When I first started swimming I had to use a noseplug, and after much taunting, I got rid of it. I hope I'll remember how to blow out of my nose and won't have to depend on it again!

I was in a time crunch for food yesterday before work so I tossed in a spelt pizza dough (pre-made) with my homemade tomato sauce, some red onion, walnuts, red pepper, and cashew cheese. It was delish; I ate the whole thing.


Note: walnuts taste amazing on pizza!

I'm off to work a super busy brunch. I won't be very effective with how sore I am, but here's to hoping everything works out!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment