Thursday, November 4, 2010

Healthy, but still tasty, cookie

I've been craving a healthy cookie lately. Something that I can mindlessly munch on (I know I know, I shouldn't eat mindlessly) that won't make me fat and has some nutritional benefits. Well here it is! I am calling it the Healthy Cookie Monster.

Healthy Cookie Monster:

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/8 cup hemp seeds---> very high in protein
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/8 cup wheat germ
  • 1/8 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tbsp cacao nibs
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 cup soy yogurt, or apple sauce
  • 1 flax egg ( 1 tsp chia seeds, + 1 tbsp water)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 pinch sea salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients and form into little balls onto baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes. They will not look cooked, but after letting them cool for 20 minutes they will turn out great!

Before the oven

Swim practice was great. Lot's of backstroke!

Shoulders and traps tomorrow! Talk to you later! :)

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look really good , but i'm puzzle with the part with the egg ! it's the chia seed and the water that make the flax egg? keep up the good work Little Monster !!!! Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! You can use flax or chia for a fake egg. I'm just so used to calling it a flax egg. You can also used flax or chia powder.

    ReplyDelete