Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Birthday dinner

It will be my birthday next Tuesday, and because Ryan doesn't know if he will have it off, we made sure to have a great day yesterday! He took me to Fresh for dinner, and then to a basketball game to watch the Raptors vs Golden State. It was an amazing game, Curry (30) was stealing the show for Golden State. He was amazing to watch, and he looked very young too. I actually just checked his age online and he's a year younger than me! He's 22!

Our bikes locked up. Note that we have 3 locks! Hahah!
We started with a salad. It had hemp seeds, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper and a vegan ceasar dressing.
Two shots of wheatgrass with ginger! Burnt my throat big time.
Ryan's meal. A veggie burger with quinoa onion rings, fries and slaw.
My bowl. With grilled tofu, avocado, tomato, red onion, chickpeas, and a spicy tahini sauce.
All in all I had a really great time yesterday. I'm hoping that Ryan keeps getting free basketball tickets from his work! :)

My legs are still sore from Sunday. I must really have been slacking when I did leg workouts before, because I have never felt like this.

Yesterday I worked on chest and triceps, and I did a 30 minute power walk on an incline (I sweat buckets).

  • Dumbbell incline press , 20 lbs each arm (12, 10, 10)
  • Seated machine press, 30 lbs total (15), 40 lbs total (12, 10,10)
  • Pushups  3 x 15
  • High pulley cable crossover, 25 lbs x 12, 12, 12 ( I think I did this one wrong, I felt it in my shoulders, not chest)
  • Reverse grip pushdown, 27.5 lbs x (8,6,6,6)
  • Machine assisted dip, 55lbs (12,10,10,10)
  • Overhead triceps extension, 50 lbs (12,9,9,9)
Then today so far I've done biceps and back

  • Barbell curl, 30 lbs (21,14,17) I was aiming for 21 each set but couldn't do it without losing form
  • Concentration curl, 15 lbs, (8,8,8), 12 lbs (8)
  • Spider barbell curl, 20 lbs (10,10,10,10,8,9,8) Today I tried to do my last excercise for each body part in 7 sets.
  • Hammer curl, 15 lbs each arm, (6,5,5) My arms were exhausted from the spider curl
  • Machine assisted pull up, 65 lbs, (12,10,9)
  • Behind the neck pulldown, 55 lbs (12,12,12)
  • Standing cable row, 15 lbs each arm (12), 20 lbs (12, 12, 15)
  • Rope straight arm pull down, 20 lbs (12,12,12,12), 15 lbs (12,12,12)
I plan on going to swim practice tonight, but we'll see what happens.

Now i'm off to buy some hemp protein so I can make some raw energy/protein bars!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you had so much fun with Ryan , and at the game!! and good luck on your raw energy bars !!! see you next week !! love Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete