The bad part about today is that my toe isn't feeling any better. I'll give it 2 more days, and if it doesn't get a little bit better, I will go to the clinic.
Breakfast today was scrambled egg whites, hummus and 1 red bell pepper. The eggs were mixed with nutritional yeast, and 1 tbsp of salsa.
As I mentioned, Ryan and I went out to lunch. I had lots of errands to run (like exchanging jeans and buying blush) that he didn't want to take part in, so he met me at the eating part. :)
|Isn't he cute!|
|Yes, those are my old lady hands.|
And while I was at the tea store, I couldn't help but buy some more tea. Who doesn't love being on a green tea high and "do stupid things faster and with more energy" as my mom and I like to say ?
Now, the leg workout! I was sweating and my legs were super jiggly( in the good way). On a side note though, the gym still smelt smokey and they had about 2934209293829 industrial sized fans blowing smokey air everywhere, it was awesome. I came home smelling like jerky.
- Smith machine plie squat 90lbs (12,12,15)
- Jump squats (20,20,20)
- One legged sit down and ups on bench (12,12,12) each side (For these, you stay on one leg through the whole movement, the other leg doesn't touch the ground until you're done 12)
- Leg Press 90 lbs (12,15,15)
- Burpees (15,15,15) ---> these were sort of half-assed, I hate burpees. Don't ask me why I put them in my workout. I think I was subconsciously punishing myself for something I don't quite know yet.
- Hamstring curl on ball (12,12,12) each leg
- Bulgarian split squats 40 lbs ( 12,15,15) each leg
- Barbell step ups (24,24,24)
- Box toe taps (60,60,60) --> A jumping toe tap movement, alternate left, right, left, right ( hope that's understandable)
- Leg extension 70 lbs (12,12,12)
- Split jumps (20,20,20)
- Tuck jumps (15,15,15)
Well, I hope everyone has a great night. I am off to do a bit of cleaning and hope that the green tea energy doesn't wear off to soon!
Just a little P.S. here. I got Muscle and Fitness Hers in the mail today (yipeee) and I thought I'd shared some interesting info.
-> Do cardio after weights. I always do it before because I thought that's what I was supposed to do, but apparently not. "Subjects who did cardio after a weight workout burned significantly more fat during the first 15 minutes of cardio then when they did cardio before weight training. When trying to lean out, be sure to finish your weight workout with some cardio, even if its just for 15 minutes."
-> Stagger your cardio. "Splitting your cardio into several shorter blocks can help you drop more fat. Such training has been shown to boost post workout calorie burn when compared to a continuous workout."